Energy Best Deal
Energy Best Deal is delivered by Citizens Advice Bureaux in Scotland. Sessions are aimed at low income consumers and front-line staff who work with people at risk of fuel poverty who can be signposted to a range of further help with issues such as fuel debt, benefits entitlement and energy efficiency. The campaign aims to:
- make people aware of the savings that can be made by switching fuel providers or negotiating with existing providers
- provide information about help available from energy suppliers and government for people struggling to pay their gas and electricity bills
- inform consumers about how they might save money by using less energy and sources of advice and help around energy efficiency.
Sessions are delivered directly reaching consumers and frontline workers at agencies such as:
- housing associations
- CAB and other advice agencies
- elderly people’s groups
- health/ mental health support agencies
- groups working with, for example, disabled people; drug/alcohol misuse; domestic violence; carers; vulnerably housed people.
Energy Best Deal Extra
As well as providing group sessions under the Energy Best Deal project, we can provide one to one sessions on fuel efficiency and securing best tariffs, through the Energy Best Deal Extra project. During the sessions we can assist clients with shopping around for the best energy deals, checking eligibility for energy grants and applying for these and checking energy bills.