Advice in Mind
A three-year- initiative to support people who are affected by mental health conditions in Lanarkshire deal with financial issues affecting their lives. The project provides information, advice, advocacy, referral services and facilitation on claiming appropriate welfare benefits, money management, financial planning and debt prevention.It works closely with NHS Lanarkshire to use their service locations to maximise impact and accessibility of people most in need.
The project focusses on supporting clients at the point of admission and discharge form three hospitals Monklands, Wishaw General and Hairmyres Hospitals (mental health wards) in Lanarkshire as well as during the transition into the community. It provides a holistic, tailored support package that includes emotional support as well as practical support to cater for people with complex advice needs.
Motherwell and Wishaw Citizens Advice Bureau leads the pan-Lanarkshire project as a lead organisation with 8 CABx (Bellshill, Cumbernauld, Coatbridge, Airdrie, East Kilbride, Hamilton, Rutherglen & Cambuslang, Clydesdale) in partnership with NHS Lanarkshire to:
- Carry out preventative work to avoid those problems recurring
- Connect low income, vulnerable people affected by mental health issues to appropriate help resulting in a resolution of their debt problems
- Empower families to make informed choices about their money situation and build their financial capability
- Build lasting and effective working relationship as a quality advice provider with NHS Lanarkshire and other partners
- Provide dedicated support at the point of admission, discharge to/from the psychiatric wards and during the transition into the local community by colocation at Mental Health wards, NHS locations, informal venues, e.g. Local cafes and provision of home visits for the most vulnerable.
- Provide income maximisation, money, debt and energy advice service with a particular focus on financial education delivered by peer support worker
To obtain more information, make a referral or to make an appointment, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01698 265349